Monday, August 01, 2011

CLIP OF THE DAY: Clever Clip





















How clever is that? A USB stick in the shape of a paperclip. My world is about to change! 

Japanese Architect Oki Sato launched his company Nendo back in 2002 with an office in Tokyo and later in 2005 a second one in Milan. I first heard of him through a good friend of mine in Italy, when she sent me press release for an exhibition called "elastic diamond" by Oki Sato during Milan Design Week back in 2008. Evidently (knowing myself) I went to learn more about him, if you have never read anything about Oki Sato start looking around, you might want to place one or two paperclips on his designs, specially his one percent projects. His latest USB CLIP is my favorite this week. This memory stick can be used also to clip to a stack of documents, business cards or memos for handing data or connect to other data clips for storage. "A design that aims for a new relationship between daily life and digital data". I'm ordering mine now! 

"Design is intelligence made visible". Thank you Oki Sato, great CLIP ;--)




No comments:

Post a Comment