Sunday, June 17, 2012

CLIP OF THE DAY: Off to the Hamptons

There has been quite a phenomenal new trend in the Hamptons this summer: the re-birth of old roadside motels architecturally revamped (you might have seen them in several movies: one or two story houses with rooms facing the pool...) they are usually quite modest but well situated. Well, if simplicity and great location is your motto, then my guess is that you will love the most recent boutique gem hidden outside New York: Capri Hotel in Southampton. Think bright beachy look, fresh, hip decor, with all-white bedrooms designed by Cythia Rowley and a NOBU restaurant inside with music playing until 1a.m.(not 'so' modest I guess...). Well, it has to be said that while prepping for CLIP of the day's calendar, one of my good friend's msg with pictures from their fun Saturday there made me somehow start embracing the fact that I have to be in New York City working during the summer while some of you enjoy Europe's Mediterranean finest 'dolce fare niente' and got me looking forward to my first break as soon as I have crossed the Atlantic. If  (and when) The HAMPTONS is on your mind - don't forget to go to Candy Kitchen everyone's favourite hangout for classic ice-cream or Lime Rickey drink. Book a table at The Lobster Roll (kitsch-looking restaurant famous for their seafood). If you want to get a grasp of why 'everybody who is anybody' goes to the Hamptons, then make your way to Nick & Toni's (house speciality: Italian food and celebrities....). My family's regular stop when we are there: Harper's book, CONNECT friend, Harper Levine's super cool bookshop and art gallery. CLIP - As you can imagine being half-Brazilian myself, picking a beach spot to suggest you out there isn't something I'm particularly excited, as I think about the Hamptons as a nice place to visit as whole, and not somewhere you go for the 'best white sand summer' experience and they are quite often very similar to one another also; in any case, I have been to the Main beach in East Hampton and Gibson Beach in Sagaponack and can recommend both. In essence, between pool parties, champagne brunches, polo matches, charity garden events or quite down time around East areas, one way or the other this where New Yorker's always (and still) are to be found from these months onwards....and in this case so will I. Have a great week clippers, I. xx 

2 comments:

  1. Is NOBU inside the hotel???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mathew, yes it is, you can learn more by visiting their website (link above) x

    ReplyDelete