Tuesday, February 28, 2012

CLIP OF THE DAY: Trench coats are forever....


In 1880 Thomas Burberry, introduced the gabardine: a hardwearing, water-resistant yet breathable fabric, in which the yarn is waterproofed before weaving. Clever, practical, elegant and the world has never been the same...To me it still is the ultimate key piece on anyone's wardrobe, and for the ones who know me personally, its a no wonder that I'm (finally) Clipping about Britain's largest luxury fashion brand: Burberry today, for I have had the privilege of being part of their team in London. Three years ago my days were spent at the historical building: The Haymarket, the site of Burberry’s corporate headquarters, where my desk and memories still have the best of me every time I look at one of their brilliant billboard campaigns wherever I am around the world. With a historical turn over: an impressive 31 percent increase in half-year sales, sending the U.K. luxury brand's stock to an all-time on the London Stock Exchange, from 860 million pounds, or $1.37 billion in six months and a visionary creative director on board, I have nothing but gratitude for learning and having grown professionally surrounded by such outstanding moguls. A special thank you to Rafaela Feio for 'connecting' me, Cecile Robbe for guiding me and Nathalie Gallo for her everyday efforts on keeping our busy showroom the international success it has become. I treasure each and every single day of my experience with me. 

CONNECT has a bit of you in it... xx Ines 

No comments:

Post a Comment