Monday, December 05, 2011

CLIP OF THE DAY: The extra mile


















Happy Monday clippers! Now that we have ticked ideas for Christmas shopping and plans for new years eve off our list its time to take a minute and talk about what really matters: human kindness - such a fancy word for something that in the end should be so simple; I dare to say - instinctive. But apparently we all seem to be too busy and too broke for any of that...Well, on that note and as much as I can recall the best gift anyone has given me so far is being generous of their time with me. And I like to believe that I do go  the 'extra mile' for the ones around me as often as I can. If it means that I get to sleep less hours at the end of the day, so be it. I rather be tired than be a bad friend. 

This Saturday as I sat down for dinner to celebrate one of my favourite friend's 33rd birthday, I realised that everyone that was seating on that table including people I have never seen before are reading CLIP of the day. I was overwhelmed and happy beyond words to tell you the truth, but I also knew that that right there was like an 'ego shot' which ultimately is as good as that cheesecake we had for dessert: it will feel wonderful for 5 seconds and vanish in your system as fast as flower does. Instead I came home and decided to focus my energy (thus my time) in letting all these people know about the people who really changed my life in the hope that you can help me change theirs too. When people ask me "Why connect?" I say: because we are all connected whether we choose to ignore it or embrace it. Its a no brainier  really, I know Connect members personally: they work in press, media, they market big brands - they have a voice and tools that like any other communication business: if spread to a larger audience and to the right target - it can be the difference itself. Yes, its true I don't know every reader from CLIP but one thing you can all be sure of - this is YOUR platform: use it. Send your thoughts, write a comment, email us your ideas; take an action and spread the word to friends, in your office, at home, on facebook. But above all: never, never, never, never underestimate the power of your help. 

Below is the list of all the social institutions that I will be Clipping this week. Each one of them I had the privilege in take part of and they are particularly meanfull to me:

1- Saude Criança, Rio de Janeiro
2- Rio Eu Amo eu Cuido & Move Rio, Rio de Janeiro
3- Ajuda de Mãe, Lisbon
4- Banco Alimentar, Lisbon
5- Too Many Women Foundation, London


CLIP-IT: My favorite now & a family house rule for years: christmas cards - ALWAYS and ONLY from Unicef, every year... (Thanks mum).


TWEET-IT: “Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day.”
(Sally Koch) - Share CLIP of the day this week & help spread the word. GO the extra mile.


Thank You xx


5 comments:

  1. Hi Ines, I have been reading your blog, and I really think its fantastic. I work for a british small publication mainly about art, but can I help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte, thank you for your time and your comment. Yes you can help! You can email me directly at: inescoelho@connect-ic.com. (You made my day) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tou dando um share aqui no office, adorei Ines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to have you around to to follow your clips! Keep up the amazing work.

    Um grande bj,
    JM

    ReplyDelete