Wednesday, November 09, 2011

CLIP OF THE DAY: New Weave





















A good day for me is when I'm at Heathrow Airport waiting for my plane, going thorough this month's Wallpaper magazine and I accidently read an article about a Portuguese designer who is getting the world's atention all the way from remote Alentejo. I can't help but feel proud when someone who shares my same nationality is brave enough to leave his carrer as a Tv jornalist move to the countryside to "simply" do what he loves and succeed in doing so. His name? João Bruno Videira. His signature? contemporary furniture made from wool thread and recycled materials. Today I'm inviting you to have a careful look at his pieces on his own blog and dive in the Universe of traditional weaving re-inveted all over again. Enjoy...I did.


CLIP-IT: Home-calling? Mondrian Remixed chair for 400 Euros & his Kaleidoscopic pouffes.



1 comment: