Monday, October 10, 2011

CLIP OF THE DAY: Within You, Without You.



















This week I watched Martim Scorsese's lastest documentary on HBO: "George Harrison -Living in the Material World," - Beatle's lead guitarist, pop culture icon and world's most private superstar like you have never heard or seen before. And all I'm really going to say is: watch it.  

Academy Award winner movie maker Scorsese does a briliant job as the documentary follows Harrison's story from his early life in Liverpool,  to the global and historical success of The Beatles,  his travels to India, and the influence of Indian culture in his music (the tittle "living in the material world" is a Hindu-inspired phrase, chosen by Harrison for his album in 1973).  From neverseen before footage and interviews with Harrison's wife Olivia, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr to Yoko Ono and Eric Clapton and many more. A truly bold tribute to his outsanding legacy - Scorsese and Olivia Harrison  made sure to honour Harrison's own words when he wrote to his family in 1965, (a time when Beatlemania was really cresting): 'I know that this isn't it. I knew I was going to be famous, but now I know I can reach the real top of what man can achieve, which is self-realization.' He knew then that [material reward] wasn't it.

If we could only REALLY learn this during our time here...For my part Its like I used to tell my mum when I was 5: "as long as I have music and sun around me, it will all be ok" - Simple, huh? Well I've never been a real fan of complexity to achieve greatness, let alone happiness...Its either within you or without you.

Wishing you all the start of a great week Clippers
 

 

6 comments:

  1. wow Ines, best Clip ever! Will def going to watch it, big Beatles fan! Loved your words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simplificar é sempre A decisão...

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore vraiment ton anglais ma soeurette,I miss you baby. "as long as I have music and sun around me it will all be ok" ameeeeeeei. Lots of love from portugal

    ReplyDelete