Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CLIP OF THE DAY: Sound Bite























Yesterday was a very busy and special day. My dear Godfather (and one the man I most admire) was  as usual media atention (frontpage of the New York Times followed by a TV interview on Bloomberg). Sound bite? As some of you may know, there has been recent news about American and overseas regulators clamping down on "rapid trades" in stock market. As a longtime Wall Street trader, my Godfather (who's identity I will preserve on my blog) has been pointing its volatility for both  the public and traders on global markets. In the United States The Securities and Exchange Commission is  now looking for fair monitoring into the new market structure and in July, it approved a “large trader” rule.
All business aside and with a long day behind us, we met for a cosy family dinner uptown at Nello's italian restaurant, known for  its tagliolini with butter, truffle oil, shards of black truffle and Parmesan. (I'm not truffle lover, but if you are I thought I should mention it). Considered by many "overly priced" and despite having waited longer than one should for a bowl of pasta,  its charming, one of the best places to eat pasta in New York and probably the best seafood spaghetti I have ever had (bare in mind I come from Portugal: the land of "mariscos").


CLIP-IT: No website, the address is: 696 Madison Av. (near 62nd). You might want to call and book in advance; ask for a table outside.  Nello also has take-out available: Telephone N. 212-980-909.

2 comments: