Tuesday, September 27, 2011

CLIP OF THE DAY: Ice Ice Baby


























My life is better when I'm eating ice-cream - There you go. I said it.

My own pursue of happiness when I'm tracing the streets of New York: Emack & Bolio's (SoHo) 73 West Houston St, great crazy creative flavor combinations, like purple cow & caramel moose prints. Grom Gelataria, on Bleecker st, where I'm currently in love with their Mirtillo with wild blueberry pulp, Limone with verdello lemons from Sicily and Crema Di Grom organic egg with Langhe region with corn biscuits and Colombian "teyuna"chocolate and chocolate chips. And when I'm home, I always make sure that I have (one of my best NY discoveries): Il Laboratorio del Gelato, an entire Italian ice-cream lab in town, with a growing list of almost 200 flavors, where chef's develop unique flavors for their individual menus throughout the year (and counting...) in addition to wholesale delivery six days a week, Il Laboratorio del Gelato also has a small walk-in shop boasting a large window into a open kitchen, where frozen desserts are hand-made, where you can taste it for yourself.

True, you can't buy happiness but you can buy ice-cream and that's kind of the same thing, as being happy without reason, to me is reason to be happy. So thank God for ice-cream!


1 comment: