Thursday, September 01, 2011

CLIP OF THE DAY: Don't call me a legend.



















If I was in Rio this month I would ....

Check out MILES DAVIS - From August 1st - 28th September, CCBB (Bank of Brazil Cultural Center) Centro Cultural presents Queremos Miles – Miles Davis,  a tribute to jazz legend Miles Davis. Broght by The Cité de la Musique, Paris and organized by the late artist managers and his family, the exhibition features over 300 items, from art work (Jean Michel Basquiat paintings, Irving Penn and Annie Leibovit pictures) to clothes, personal music instruments, video documentaries and music never shown to the public before. Curated by Vincent Bessières who designed the itinerary in form of a sort of music retrospective of Davis's unique carrer, you are able to listen to some of his most popular songs on premimum  audio surrounding system. The man who dared "don't play what's there, play what's not there.”  Nine Grammy's later, his name on St Louis walk of fame and  after inspiring the world he would still insist: "I know what I've done for music, but don't call me a legend. Just call me Miles Davis."














2 comments: