Thursday, May 17, 2012

CLIP OF THE DAY: Portuguese do it better

There is a shop in a little street  off Chiado neigbourhood in Lisbon that if you don't know of then you should definetely CLIP it in your diary next time in town. Its called A vida Portuguesa and I have written about it several times (and shall continue to as I am a big fan) To me, its no news that the Portuguese do it better....although one has to say sometimes we don't market ourselves as well as we should. Or....coming to think maybe this actually serves us right so we can still treasure our favorite classics before it goes too much into fashion and known by everyone on every corner of the Earth. My favorite new pick that I would like to share with you is their "cestas tradicionais Portuguesas"  in other words: hand made REED BASKETS.


They are good to carry your groceries, keep magazines on an original display and perfect to go to the beach this summer. While on research I found out this super cool website designed by the original maker's grandchild called "Toino Abel". Best of all? You can select and order it online from anywhere you are...Yup, think all you want, truth is (in our very own little way) Portugueses do it better. xxx I.





No comments:

Post a Comment